Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Urban Outfitter's Lattice Boots: Yes or No?


These suede lattice boots, exclusive to Urban Outfitters, aren't for everybody, but if you've got the long legs, confidence, and that indescribable je ne sais quoi to pull it off, I'd say go for it! The shoes remind me of Rihanna's totally fierce Balenciaga gladiator boots from a little while back, which she rocked. The boots are a tad elaborate--there's a pattern of geometric cut outs along the sides, metal eyes down the front through which the black laces criss cross, a peep toe, and a low 2-inch heel. Obviously, with shoes this busy you won't want to wear a complicated oufit. I'd suggest your sheerest black tights, denim cut offs, and a simple top in a solid color, perhaps accompanied by a blazer or vest in case of cold weather. No matter what, go for simplicity and keep the focus on your boots. I'm still debating whether or not I should get them...Any thoughts?

No comments: