Thursday, July 10, 2008

Designer Spotlight: Nuj Novakhett

As I browsed through the offerings of the Sydney Michelle boutique in Bel Air, I knew I was in love the minute I spotted it--a sailor-inspired navy mini dress with a tiered white hem, which fit perfectly after I tried it on. I had never heard of the designer Nuj Novakhett before, so I resolved to do a little research at home. The Bangkok-based Thai designer debuted her collection in 2006, and continues to create pieces that are undeniably feminine and vintage with a playful edge. I'm a huge fan of her innovative tailoring and subtle details. Already, she's been dubbed by Women's Wear Daily as a "promising talent" and it's easy to see why!

Spring 2007 collection





Fall 2007 collection



Spring/Summer 2008 collection



No comments: