Monday, July 14, 2008

Street Inspiration: Denim halter vest


I'm really starting to be a fan of vests! I was loitering around NYC's Meatpacking District, an area filled with tall, beautiful model types, when I spotted a girl wearing a great nighttime outfit. She was sashaying across the street in strappy white platforms with skinny white jeans, a thin camisole, and a fitted gray vest, all thrown together as if by accident. She had that Kate Moss aura--effortlessly cool and trendy without trying too hard. After some poking around on the Internet, I found a denim halter vest from Urban Outfitters similar to the one that the mystery girl was rocking. In faded gray with a slim fit, this vest can work in a professional setting (the model pictured wears it with a simple white tank and high-waisted pencil skirt for an office-worthy ensemble) or a nightclub, a la mystery girl's uber cool get-up. Now all I need are those strappy white platforms...

No comments: