Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wedding weekend




Instead of the pretty Nanette Lepore dress, I chose to wear this slightly more daring Mason by Michelle Mason silk frock (taking inspiration from the Hawaii wedding) to a family friend's wedding at the Ritz-Carlton. It's such an amazing dress. First of all, the print is fabulous--a lovely violet and burgundy floral pattern that could easily be faulted as grandmotherly or too old, except that it's used in a mini dress with a bare neckline. Two pockets stick out of the sides and give the silhouette an interesting twist, although with that thin silk fabric and short hemline, I don't think they really serve any practical purpose whatsoever! I decided to go with this look instead of the Nanette Lepore because it seemed younger, flirty, and fun--the vibe I was going for when putting together my outfit for the wedding!

No comments: