Thursday, June 26, 2008

Designer Spotlight: Made in Shoreditch Somewhere headbands



Like so many other viewers, I'm getting anxious waiting for the next season of Gossip Girl to begin. So I started watching reruns of the show and was reminded of how much I had admired Blair Waldorf's headband in one of the episodes--an enormous red bow headband by Valentino that only the Queen Bee herself could pull off! As Valentino's version is probably costly (and unavailable to boot) and I haven't been able to find a decent similar version, I was thrilled when I came upon a label called Made in Shoreditch Somewhere.

The designer, Jennie, originally hails from Brooklyn but now resides in London and creates the most amazing hair accessories, wristcuffs, and brooches. One in particular that caught my eye was a giant bow headband in fuschia pink, the closest to Blair's I've found yet. Browse through her selection of headbands and you'll find unique blends of lace, charms, beading, chains, and other fanciful embellishments that give off a fun, whimsical, rock and roll vibe. The designer handcrafts each piece with a heavy emphasis on quality and detail.

There's no online store just yet, but I'm hoping they sell and ship to the United States somehow because I am definitely a fan!

No comments: