Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day to night

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(J.Crew shirt, J.Crew necklace, Elizabeth & James pants, Guess boots)

Right before I went on a trip to NYC last summer, I picked up this lamé gold top made of sheer, naturally wrinkled fabric from J.Crew. I thought it was casual and cool enough to withstand New York's humid afternoons, yet dressy enough to transition to night for hitting up the Meatpacking District or so forth. I still remember the salesperson who rang me up telling me he wished his girlfriend would wear the shirt! The necklace is another one of my favorites--the type that totally transforms an outfit instantly. Five years ago I rarely shopped at J.Crew, but lately, their selection is full of cool pieces like this sherbet orange ruffled cami and boyfriend jeans that I really want to try!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm so glad I discovered your blog. I love your style and this outfit definitely rocks! You pull off the wrinkled shirt really well! I agree about J.Crew...their selection has gotten a lot better recently.

Gerri Ward said...

You know what I like about your sense of style is the fact that it is solely YOU! Head to toe, you wear it incredibly well. I luv the jewelry, the shirt, leggings and soles. I luv your STYLE!!!

Anonymous said...

that's ur apt?? u have a balcony?? IM JEALOUS!!! love the necklace!

Anonymous said...

Jcrew has some great blouses and jackets once in a while. I would have never guessed that top was from there. One of those day to night outfits.