Monday, August 25, 2008

In search of an elusive Chanel belt...


Last week, I met a stylist who--naturally--was wearing the most amazing outfit. I simply could not tear my eyes away, so I went over and asked her to give me the deets on her sheer black blouse tucked into a robin egg blue skirt with funky pleats, the lime green-and-black scarf wound around her neck, and her shiny black gladiator sandals. The color combination was unique, even off-putting, yet somehow perfect. But she really tied the outfit together with her most outstanding accessory--a huge black belt by Chanel, complete with interlocking C's at the center. After she mentioned it was bought on sale at Neiman Marcus, I went straight to the store, only to discover the belt was sold out. Since then, I've been combing the Internet in search of the belt. The closest thing I can to find to it is this black patent leather belt with a quilted buckle on eBay. While it's not the same thing, I can still see this belt serving as a great centerpiece to any outfit. I'm going to continue tracking down that exact Chanel belt, but until then, my memory of the stylist's outfit is going to inspire the way I dress for the rest of the summer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where can I get this belt ?! It's so gorgeous! I will love to add it to my Chanel collection!