Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Lorick Lady


I can't help but fall in love with the collection from Abigail Lorick, the designer who creates Eleanor Waldorf's line on the hit show, Gossip Girl. As we all know, Gossip Girl is the new O.C., but with far better fashion. Designer clothes, gorgeous handbags, Chanel coats, and diamond jewelry has replaced the flip-flops, jeans, and tank tops of O.C. And some of the best pieces of all belong to Abigail Lorick. What really interests me in her clothes is her style philosophy: "She is always pulled together and timeless, but still modern. As classic as she may be, she knows she is a rarity in today's rather immodest society and openly celebrates her eccentricities by selecting quirky prints, accessories like gloves, scarves, and suspenders." I completely agree. Hate 'em or love 'em, I've had enough of Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and their oftentimes scandalous outfits. I'm all for a more classic, timeless, feminine style that is still youthful and fresh. I think Lorick's collection embodies her philosophy and I can't wait to see more young women wearing clothes like these!





More at: http://www.loricknewyork.com/collections.html

No comments: