Thursday, January 27, 2011

Send me to WWDMAGIC!

Photobucket

1. How did you start your blog? What was the creative inspiration behind putting yourself out to the world?
When I first started my blog, I only posted photos of clothes I'd seen on websites and coveted. But I realized that more than the clothes themselves, I loved creating and styling entire looks to express a certain mood, which is what I did every morning on myself! My blog quickly evolved into my personal style diary. I continue to use it to chronicle everything I remain inspired by, such as stylish people, exquisite clothes, mouthwatering food and beautiful photography.

2. From where you began to where you are now as an independent writer, what are three valuable things you’ve learned about your craft?
1. Find your own voice, a way of writing and a distinctive tone that works for you. 2. Networking is not only fun, it's important for growth. Connecting with other bloggers opens the door to opportunity and gives you inspiration to continue working on your site. 3. Update your blog regularly, but not too often so as not to overload your readers. Instead, make each post count with thoughtful words and well-chosen pictures.

3. What is your personal style?
I'd describe my personal style as sophisticated, yet whimsical. I love creating a chic, put-together outfit, but adding one element that's pure unexpected fun. On a night out, you might find me in a lacy top and feminine skirt paired with motorcycle boots, way-too-big-for-me earrings and a seriously messy 'do.

4. What brands are you head over heels in love with?
I adore 3.1 Phillip Lim, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, camilla & marc, Elizabeth and James, Tsumori Chisato, Pencey, Vivienne Westwood, Chanel and Lanvin.

5. What are three of your favorite websites?
Twitter.com, which is where I first hear about so many current events in the world and happenings in my city; Lookbook.nu, which gives me style inspiration from real people around the world; and WhoWhatWear.com, which I think is a well-written, eloquent fashion site that is never unkind.

6. Who are three people you love to follow on twitter?
@DKNY (the anonymous girl behind this account possesses both a sharp sense of humor and a clear passion for her work), @JimShi809 (though he attends some of the most fabulous and exclusive industry events, he writes about them with a down to earth humility) and @Refinery29 (the site's tweets are always informative, especially about fashion events in my local community).

7. What do you hope to gain from attending WWDMAGIC?
I'm eager to flex my networking muscles and connect with a variety of people in the industry - buyers, retailers, manufacturers, other bloggers. I'd also love to check out the hundreds of new apparel or accessories brands, and learn about the latest emerging trends in fashion!

3 comments:

jeanine romo said...

That's amazing!! I hope you get to go. Best of luck.

xx,
Jeanine
www.livelovefashionj.blogspot.com

Juley said...

Good luck!!

The Vogue Advisor said...

Your follower from today...follow me too,if you want!!!

Follow me on:
THE VOGUE ADVISOR