Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lady in red

Photobucket
(vintage dress, Armani Exchange belt, Jeffrey Campbell shoes, Blair's Bow headband from Etsy)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You know how some girls are just born vintage-shopping wizards? They're either vastly patient, able to sift for hours through piles of musty, smelly clothes until they unearth an exquisite find, or very lucky. I'm neither when it comes to vintage treasure hunting.

So I was shocked when an idle Sunday at the Fairfax Flea Market rewarded me with this $15 dress. At first, I was hesitant: the zipper was rusty, the material scratchy and flimsy. But as soon as I heard the price, I knew I was taking it home. I mean, it's a red dress with a cascade of ruffled tiers down the front and a skirt that shines in the sun. There was no way I could say "no."

And I'm so glad I didn't!

9 comments:

Haute World said...

I"m definitely not the idea vintage shopper. I lack the patience and get toally overwhelmed. Kudos to you for finding this gem - I adore the color and the way it drapes. And I've really missed your jump shots! Sorry if I've been MIA - missed your blog & hope you're doing well :)

P.S. I've finally joined Twitter @haute_world. Hope to see you there!

Carolyn said...

you're adorable! what a lovely find :)

Daisy said...

Such a pretty dress!

Mary and Dyer said...

This dress is beautiful!! I'm with you - I am not good at 'vintage shopping' but you really did a great job! This is so super gorgeous!!

I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to visit the blog I just started with my sister and follow us back if you'd like! :)

Also, check out the giveaway we are doing right now for a Tiffany & Co. necklace!

Blessings,

Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

StylishForever said...

Gorgeous dress!

Joys O. said...

fab! Xx




check out my blog too? ^_^

www.majormusthaves.com said...

Pretty dress!

Fashion Instyle said...

What a precious dress! I love it, you really do look like a fairy!!Love your dress – the red color looks so wonderful…

Mike Bridges said...

I enjoyed reading yyour post